AME Systems concluded 2021 with the first ever running of the People’s Choice Awards. All employees had the chance to vote on the award categories with separate awards for Melbourne and Ararat facilities.
“We wanted to run this new program to allow our employees to be involved and receive some recognition for all the hard work and dedication they have been putting in, especially during these Covid times” said Managing Director Nick Carthew.
“Through the People’s Choice Awards, we’re giving everyone the chance to get behind some of their fellow employees by voting for each other”
The AME Systems People’s Choice Awards will now be an annual event at AME Systems. Award winners were announced on the final day of business in 2021 during the end of the year celebrations. All winners received glass trophies and the Employee of the Year winners will both be represented on perpetual trophies displayed in the hallways of AME Systems.
7 awards were presented at AME Systems Melbourne office:
- Keeping us safe – Dianne Savage
- AME C.A.R.E Values – Jerry Ye
- Above and Beyond – Brandon Napoli, Luke McDonald, Alice Yuen & Ashley Chin
- Positivity – Matilda Vaosea
- Team Player – Yamuna Wickramarachchi
- Cleanest – Herng Chang
- Employee of the Year – Michelle Hardie
At AME Systems head office in Ararat, 14 awards were presented. With nearly 400 employees, winning an award was a massive achievement and the Management team are very proud of everyone.
- Keeping us safe – Tracey Collins
- AME C.A.R.E Values – Belinda Burger
- Above and Beyond – Jade Traynor & Kade Cations
- Positivity – Tessa Scherger
- Team Player – Jake Arnott
- Cleanest – Heike Jantzen & Lilibeth Cabrera
- Duct Tape – John Broadbent
- Baby’s Bottom – Hayley Gardiner & Michael Tonkes
- Best Dressed – Jo Preston
- Funniest – Peter Harrison
- Wikipedia – Shyam Pathuri & Jacqui Deane
- Border Patrol – Andrew Arnold & Terrie Willis
- Swiss Army Knife Award – Bill Clarke
- Employee of the Year – Sue Bahl
“Behind each harness that leaves our factory are people who dedicate themselves day-in and day-out to build world class products. They inspire me with their resilience, courage and remarkable commitment.” Carthew said.
Employee of the Year winner for Ararat, Sue Bahl, has been with AME Systems for nearly 20 years and was overwhelmed when her name was called.