AME Systems (Vic) is a leading Australian owned designer and manufacturer of quality electrical wiring harness, power and signal distribution systems with a focus on the heavy vehicle, rolling stock, mining and military industries.
Based in Ararat and due to continuing business success we are seeking highly motivated individuals to take up full time roles on day and afternoon shifts in our manufacturing team. You do not need experience as full on-the-job training will be provided but you do need to have the right attitude and aptitude.
Our Day shift operates 7:00am – 3:35pm and afternoon operates 3:00pm – 11.35pm
We do not offer Part time positions.
The key elements of this role involve:
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Being able to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day
- Excellent manual handling and repetitive motion abilities
- Adherence to safety requirements and company policies
- Assembling circuits and harnesses to a high quality (50PPM or less)
- Assembling circuits and harnesses effectively (within factory time)
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Accurate time and record keeping
- Good communication skills
- Being able to work effectively in a team
Desirable experience and ability:
- Sound mechanical aptitude with a high quality awareness
- A positive attitude that fosters team spirit and cooperation
- Manufacturing experience in medium size business
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted applicants will be required to successfully undertake a pre-employment aptitude test, interview and short medical assessment. These will be conducted in Ararat on separate days/times. If you are not able to travel for these as required your application cannot be considered.
IF YOU CURRENTLY LIVE OUTSIDE A 50KLM RADIUS OF ARARAT YOUR APPLICATION MUST ADDRESS IF YOU INTEND TO COMMUTE OR RELOCATE FOR THE ROLE. Applications that do not address this cannot be considered.
We are currently not accepting applications from people who live in the Greater Melbourne, Mitchell, Greater Geelong, Colac Otway, Golden Plains, Moorabool or Surf Coast Shires or the Borough of Queenscliffe.
If you live in the Ballarat Shire you will need to provide a negative Coronavirus test before you can take part in our recruitment process.
These measures are in place to help protect existing staff and the greater community.
Forward your cover letter and resume, addressing the key elements, via email, by Monday 14th September 2020 to:
Human Resources Manager
P. 03 5352 9000
A valid email address must be included for your application to be considered
Applicants must be living in Australia to apply.
AME Systems (Vic) is a smoke-free workplace.